Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I was trying to set up new dept and didnt know how now im

Customer Question

i was trying to set up new dept and didnt know how now im not able to make any transaction all i can do is hit cash button and it opens it wont do any dept keys
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we would like to get response soon so we can continue business as usual mon morning
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sarah,

Is it the XE-A206 cash register?
If so, the instructions for programming the department keys are on page 32 of the instruction manual:

http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/ForBusiness/POSSolutions/ElectronicCashRegisters/Manuals/cas_man_XEA206.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, sorry this is taking time. We had already tried figuring out the online instructions. We gave 13 departments set up with everything fine. (Tax, etc) now we need to set up another department , do we have to h o through the whole tax thing again? I wish you could walk me through the process. Any help??
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If you need to set up another department you will need to go through the same process as for the first 13 departments.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that's ny problem. The previous owner had set up the first 13 departments. He had to get help on setting up those departments andwwasn't able to give us any directions ir help. The instructions are CRAZY. honestly, i figure most all things out but this is confusing.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I understand now. I can't really simplify the process - it is quite complicated and you need to follow each step exactly.

If you aren't sure of any of the steps, or can't find some of the buttons, let me know and I can try to explain further.

Otherwise, you may be better getting your local Sharp dealer to complete the programming for you - some could almost do this programming with their eyes closed.

Let me know your zip code if you need contact details for your local dealer.

Pete.