Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Nikon AW1 menu button not working, only button functioning

Customer Question
is on/off button. It will...
Nikon AW1 menu button not working, only button functioning is on/off button. It will take one picture at a time, have to turn off to take another, no other functions are working
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
7/9/2016
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi, I am sorry to hear that.

How old is your camera?

Also do you have user manual for this one?

And have you tried doing this the way you normally did with no success?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is about 2 years old. Of course I have tried "doing this the way I normally di'

What you can try is a system reset.

Please remove all power for your camera, also the batteries and wait 30 full minutes.

Next with the batteries still out, please press and hold the power button down for 30 full seconds then release it.

Let me know how that goes.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have charged battery. I have cleaned the battery connections.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will take one oicture then the oicture button will not rise back up to take another & no buttons or functions wirk on the back. It is recording pictures but that is all, just one at a time, video will not even work

Hi thanks for that info. This is a defective button switch, the spring inside the switch has failed.

The best way to have this fixed is by taking this one to Best Buy or Sears for this, as they are less expensive than a camera repair shop.

Also, they do hight quality workmanship and they are fair price wise.

This isn't something you fix unless you have specialized tools for this model, also its super easy to break the tiny ribbon cable inside when you open the case. But if you do want to make this repair yourself I will assist you all the way, please let me know on that, you will need to be good with soldering and be well mechanically inclined.

I wish I had better news for you but this one is not very expensive to have repaired at all ;-)

I will stick with you in any case, but please rate kindly before you close this page, no additional cost for that.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Tech Mike ;-)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Hi you are very welcome.

Have a great weekend and please rate kindly before you go so I can close this for you.

Tech Michael ;-)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Best Buy Sent camera off, returned unrepaired, said Nikon was no longer making parts. I find that hard to believe since that camera is only teo years old.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Two

Hi, thats nuts!

Ok, the other option is this place, thy are really good and hopefully they still have a stock of parts for this one.

These guys are really good but a little more expensive. But better at this;-)

http://www.royalcameras.com/digitalcamera/nikoncamerarepair.html

Please call them they will give an estimate over the phone as well;)

Call:(###) ###-####or Toll-free:(###) ###-####/p>

Also, please rate my service kindly before you close this page so I dont lose you, also once you rate in a positive way, you will have access to me for 30 days;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician