Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I have a sentry safe with combination and key i turned the

Customer Question

I have a sentry safe with combination and key i turned the dial accordingly but the key will not turn I need passports out please help
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome.

What is the model number of your safe?

Does it have a 3 or 4 number combination?

It's possible that you are not dialing the combination correctly and I can send you instructions for both the 3 and 4 number combination, to see if that works.

In addition, depending on the model, typically, you would use the key first, to pop out the cylinder (if your key is round and hollow) then REMOVE the key, before dialing your combination.

Here are the dialing instructions:

3 number combo:

First, 'clear' the dial by turning a few times to the right or left, but do this gently, to not damage the dial.

A. Start the dial at zero.

B. Turn the dial to the left. Make sure ZERO
passes the pointer at least THREE times. Then stop
at the first number of your combination.

C. Turn the dial to the right. Stop the SECOND
time you reach the second number of your
combination.

D. Turn the dial to the left. Stop the FIRST
time the pointer reaches the third number of your
combination.

--------------------------

4 number combo:

Clear the dial

Turn the dial to zero.

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) four times to the first number of the combination (pass the first number of your combination three times, stopping on it the fourth time).

Turn the dial to the right (clockwise) three times to the second number of the combination (pass your second number twice, stopping on it the third time).

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) two times to the third number of the combination (pass the third number of your combination one time, stopping on it the second time).

Turn the dial to the right to the last number (stop the first time on your last number).

==================

I hope this helped; if not, please let me know BEFORE rating and I will be of further assistance to you.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned dial correctly but key still will not turn I DuPont know what else to do ????
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

What is your safe's model number?

What type of key do you have? A round, hollow one, as I described or one with 'teeth?'

Thanks,

Cher

Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I haven't heard back from you, so I can help you further. You may have a defective key or defective lock that could need replacement by Sentry, especially if the safe is still under warranty--then there would be no cost to you; however, if this is an emergency situation and you need your passports from the safe, your only option is to call a local locksmith or safe technician to try to open the safe without ruing it or the lock may need to be drilled out, rendering it unusable.

I will opt out and perhaps another expert can help you.