Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

I traded in my old kindle kindle fire earlier this Spring.

Customer Question

I traded in my old kindle for a kindle fire earlier this Spring. It worked fine at that time. I didn't use it for a few months and now it won't turn on.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

As of first step, let's try resetting your Kindle.

1) Keep your Kindle connected to the charger.

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your kindle for atleast 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for atleast 25 seconds.

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work.

Okay

Did the charge indicator light on the Kindle lighted up when you connected the charger?

When you connect the Kindle to charge, the indicator light on the bottom edge of your device turns amber while the battery is charging and green when it is fully charged.
If you don't see a light, your Kindle is not charging.
Do you see the indicator light?