Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Won a garmin approach g10 charged many time 24 to 48 hours

Customer Question

won a garmin approach g10 charged many time for at 24 to 48 hours and the devise shows nothing on the screen
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the Garmin Approach device new?

If it has never shown anything in the way of signs of life, check whether it even has a battery in it at all. It might have been a prize with batteries not included... it's just a thought.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when first received still in package and not opened the devise showed garmin on the screen but no longer does
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I see. It may be that the battery included - presumably - is defective.

Try turning it On, while it is connected to the charger (if it is the sort of charger that connects to the device, rather than requiring the removal of the battery. Does it work under those conditions, with the charger attached? if so, then the battery is most likely to need replacing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hooked charger to devise and nothing happened
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Then it may be defective from manufacturer. That means, if you have warranty rights on a prize device - which is possibly unlikely though I haven't read Garmin's warranty terms in detail - you could turn it in to Garmin for a free-under-warranty repair.

See this page:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/repair.jsp

and the link called 'file a claim' on it.

(If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.)