How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rusty Your Own Question
Rusty, Customer Service
Category: Consumer Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 5893
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
Type Your Consumer Electronics Question Here...
Rusty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a range extender -TGE232...Help pls.

Customer Question

I need a range extender for KX-TGE232...Help pls.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm an expert in wireless frequencies. How far away is the handset from the base unit when you get static?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From 1 ft to 25 ft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased from Panasonic.....asked for phone KX-TG6582, closest replacement. The old phone was totally acceptable......I finally could not press the buttons to make a call on old phone.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

I don't believe a range extender is going to help you. What you're getting is interference from another device, like a TV set, a motor, or another electronic device that is taking over the phone's frequency. Move the base unit a couple of feet and see if that clears it up. Move it away from all electronics for testing purposes, and tell me if you have any clearer signal.

Related Consumer Electronics Questions