Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I own a Portable grand DGX 530. A little kid kept playing

Customer Question

I own a Portable grand DGX 530. A little kid kept playing with the keyboard. Now I cannot get it to make more than a squeeky sound with some keys and none at all with others.
It plays off and on with huge spaces of no sound in spite of pressing many keys. ]
How can I get my keyboard back to it's default condition?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The reset for this keyboard is simple enough:

From a powered-Off state for the keyboard, hold down the upper-most white key on the keyboard, farthest to the right that is (highest in pitch), and then turn On the keyboard while holding down that key.

This will erase all custom registrations and put the whole thing back to factory status... that's a fair warning, I think.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer to hold down the highest white key got the keys to work but there are still times when the keys make no sound at all and it has a peculiar sould that isn't d=changed by9 changing the style or voice on the unit.
john *
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to say that, if the problem persists after a factory reset, you may have an issue in your Yamaha keyboard (possibly with the sound generator chip or closely associated circuitry, at a guess), that would require service-repairing for it to be set right.

If you are interested, I will locate nearby Authorized Service centers for your type of Yamaha keyboard, nearby to your location, if you will tell me your zip code, or your town/city and state. Let me know, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Russell,Your answer didn't help my problem. I immediately cancelled my subscription to your service.I'm sorry,j. gantner
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I can still guide you to a nearby Yamaha Service Center which can fix your keyboard's severe problem. Just Reply letting me know your location by zip code, please. Thanks.