Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

How do I access the cassette belts on a tachi 8290H portable

Customer Question

How do I access the cassette belts on a Hitachi 8290H portable stereo? I know how to disassemble the inner chasy from the case. Not sure how to remove cassette deck for belt replacement.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some pictures would be great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the belts.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

Is there an existing belt still in place for you to follow, or has it worn away?

The belt needs to go from the motor to the flywheel. There is a belt groove that the belt fits into.
If there is no belt currently in situ, then you can get a service manual guide here:

http://www.servicemanuals.net/service-manual/all-brands/TRK+8290H/pos1/results.aspx

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the belts are still intact. I am looking for the procedure to install them. They are not accessible by just removing the inner chassis from the shell. Some further disassembly is needed remove cassette deck, remove circuit boards behind deck? I was hoping someone would have this information on hear, maybe that particular section of the service manual.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I do not have any diagrams here, however I have posted the link to the service manual - did you get it?