John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

The battery has gone dead how can I open it now?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

What is the manufacturer and model of your safe?

Do you know where the battery is located?

Thanks for your additional information,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please send me info on my safe for replacing the battery? My address is Terry **********************. Safe. No. BU-571930 thanks

Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Terry.

The number you included seems to be the serial, not the model number. Also, who made your safe, Sentry, Brinks, etc.? If you provide me with this information, I might be able to help you with instructions on how to change your battery, but I need the above information.

Do you know if the batteries are on the outside or inside of the door, or you don't know where they're located at all?

Thanks,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I contacted you I thought you would know it's a Sentry safe
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, and thanks for you reply.

No, I didn't know the brand of safe you had. If you thought you had directly reached Sentry, we are JustAnswer, a worldwide advice site that has experts in safe issues (and a whole variety of 'Categories') that can answer your question.

If you can tell me your model number, I can try to tell you where to find your battery holder and you can replace your batteries.

Thank you,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer need your help. I found all my papers on this safe and no longer need anything from you. Thanks though you didn't help me at all. Thank god I found the papers. No not satisfied. If I called you I assumed you already knew it was a Sentry Safe.
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad you found your papers.