Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I HAVE A SNNYO DV220F DUAL DECK DVD & VHS PLAYER

Customer Question
(ASIN:B00YGWRFG) that won't play when...
I HAVE A SNNYO DV220F DUAL DECK DVD & VHS PLAYER (ASIN:B00YGWRFG) that won't play when I hit the 'play" button. I have tried new batteries.
PLEASE HELP - A DISBLED MAN REALLY MISSES IT!
Thanks,
Janice Thompson
p.s. It's less than 1 year old.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/28/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Janice.

Is this when trying to play a dvd, or a tape?
Have you tried pressing the PLAY button on the front panel (just below the dvd or tape slots), rather than the remote? What happens when you do this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WITH TAPES, IT STARTS BLURRY THE SAYS "NO SIGNAL".WITH DVDS I CAN GET IT TO WORK IF I PRESS PLAY, BUT OTHERWISE IT SAYS "INVALID ENTRY" WHEN I PRESS PLAY ON THE REMOTE.I'M FLYING OUT TOMORROW SO WILL BE GONE @ 11:45 A.MTHANKS,
JANICE

Hello Janice, sorry I missed you earlier.

Are you certain you are using the original sanyo remote? If it works from the onboard commands, that indicates you have a faulty remote.

Can you tell me the numbers you see on the bottom edge of the remote, and I can help you find a replacement.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE SANYO REMOTE SAYS:NB694

Thank you for the info, Janice.

Before doing anything else, lets try a system reset:

1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm a hardware fault, which could be the internal sensor, but is more likely a faulty remote.

You have 2 options here.

You can buy another remote, but they are really only available used: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/371584636192?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Or, since it is less than a year old and under warranty, you can call sanyo to file a warranty claim and ask them to replace it for you.

Getting a new remote would be faster, but you may be better off calling them anyway, because they would hopefully replace the entire system, in case this is a fault with the internal sensor on the main unit. If you want to reach out to them, you can do so at(###) ###-####/p>

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Engineer