Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Trying to reset my sentry safe that is open from trying to

Customer Question
reset combo and now I...
Trying to reset my sentry safe that is open from trying to reset combo and now I cannot close.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/18/2016
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Hi there! My name is Alison. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me exactly what model of Sentry safe you have please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The model is S3877 and s/n is AJ854566
Thank you for that information. I do have a couple of questions. The unit should be in the open position before you attempt to change the password. Was this the case? After you erased the old combination were you able to put in a new combination? Can you please check battery status by by entering “8” - “9” - “*” . One beep indicates a low battery. Change batteries if low battery is indicated. - Two beeps indicates a good battery. Please let me know the result.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I entered 8 then 9 and when it beeped, it did so 3 times. The safe is in lock position and open. Old combo does not work and new one, I assume, was not entered correctly.
Thank you for that information. I have looked into this and it seems that you will need to complete a special form and have it notarized, then mail or fax it back to Sentry. Once you do that they will send you a code that will allow you to unlock the safe. I am attaching that form for you and I am also attaching the user manual for you to aid yo in changing the passcode in the future. Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought you'd be able to help reset my safe w/out going thru sentry. I have the form and I have to get it notarized and fax it into them and also pay for their service. I was hoping you had a code, which turns out, you really can't help me. Thanks for trying.
You're welcome. I am truly sorry that I was unable to provide a code for you but if they were easy to get then your safe wouldn't be that safe. Sentry has these procedures in place for your protection. I thought that I woudl be able to help but it is complicated by the fact the door is open with the lock in locked position. Once you have been provided with a master rest code by sentry, you'll need to reset it. Please remember to ensure that the lock is in the the open position before you attempt to change the password. Have a great day!
GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech