Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a Sentry safe model number H060ESG173006214E. We

Customer Question

We have a Sentry safe model number H060ESG173006214E. We have our own code to open the safe and it will not accept the code. We have had the safe and used it for almost 4 years.
Can you help us get it open???Thanks.
***** **********
[email protected]
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Safe batteries going dead tend to be a royal pain to deal with.

In the case of some Sentry safes, there is a keylock on the safe also. (It might be under a protective sliding hatch or cover, to keep dust and dirt out of the works.) That is for the emergency key, which can open the safe in a case like this, when the combination has been lost or forgotten, or the batteries have died.

Do you see any keylock on the safe, or know of any key for it?

If so, open the safe that way for now. It's possible that the batteries for the electronic keypad need to be replaced, esp. after 4 years use, and esp. if it shows no signs of life, no 'beep' in response, no lights, etc.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer... if you need further details, please Reply letting me know. Thanks.