Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My Kindle Fire Starts but will not load any programs after

Customer Question
SLIDING the ON arrow?...
My Kindle Fire Starts but will not load any programs after SLIDING the ON arrow?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/17/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute). If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Aric, Technician