Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a onkyo tx-sr700 in the protect mode everything is unhooked

Customer Question

I have a onkyo tx-sr700 in the protect mode everything is unhooked no how do I reset?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially and on "...how do I reset?...", please click HERE. This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant get to reset. how long do I hold the video 1
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
That would be press and hold the VIDEO 1 then press the STANDBY/ON.Can you try a couple of times please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried it many times and have gotten it to read clear and then it shuts down again 6 times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What else can I do
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
As posted earlier, if a RESET was not corrective, then it would be an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?