Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

I LIVE IN A CONDO IN NASHUA, NH. MY APARTMENT AIPHONE (GF

Customer Question

I LIVE IN A CONDO IN NASHUA, NH. MY APARTMENT AIPHONE (GF -1D ) IS CONNECTED TO THE DOWNSTAIRS ENTRANCE AIPHONE STATION. WHEN BUZZED FROM DOWNSTAIRS, I HEAR THE BUZZER BUT CANNOT HEAR THE PERSON CALLING AND MY AIPHONE BUTTON DOESNOT RELEASE THE FRONT DOOR, AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO. ALL THE WIRES IN MY APARTMENT PHONE ARE CONNECTED. WHAT CAN I DO AND WHO IS RESPONSIBLE, ME OR THE CONDO BOARD?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
In all likelihood, the repair is the responsibility of the association, since it is originating in the common areas. Also, I imagine, since it is connected to all units, they would not want to treat the system as a single system, rather than have each unit owner having their own repairman doing work on the buildings common communication system.