Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Sentry safe sfw123ttc we have moved and lost the combo. We

Customer Question

Sentry safe sfw123ttc we have moved and lost the combo. We never changed it from the factory number. Can you help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.You can get the form here: https://www.sentrysafe.com/Content/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdfThere are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.Best regards,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I give you a good rating but don't want to pay because that was the answer I found out when investigating am I still having to pay?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I have no control over billing. I did take the time to close out your 2nd/duplicate question so you won't get charged for that, but the first one here would have already been charged under the agreed upon terms of the site, though the site would have let you cancel/withdraw the question prior to my replying. --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have requested a refund and canceled the service. Why am I receiving this message!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wish to pay or be charged.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
From what I can see, nothing has been canceled. The question was still open, so I was following up to see if you needed more help.Again, I'm an independent technician spending my own personal time trying to help you.Ultimately, payment is up to your conscience and discretion. If you feel my time and efforts spent in good faith to help you are of no value, and that it is fair and reasonable to utilize my services at no cost, then you may cancel from the help page.