Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Concerning: Decibel of Noise Associated with Hitachi CrystEna

Customer Question
Concerning: Decibel of Noise...
Concerning: Decibel of Noise Associated with Hitachi CrystEna 1-MW container-type energy store system: Total of 6 1-MW Containers for a MicroGrid with Lithium-Ion batteries. Each container is 30 feet long, 10-15 feet wide, and 10 feet high.
What is the decibel level when such a battery pack is fully operational at 1 Meter, 10 Meters, 100 Meters, and 1000 Meters? Any other relative comments to noise level would be appreciated.
Bernie Whaley ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
4/17/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician
Hi Bernie, The noise level completely depends on the load, so this is an incomplete equation. The heavier the load, the more noise will be generated. Do you have anything specific you've connected to the batteries, and do you know it's amperage, and voltage characteristics?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is an energy storage project to build up energy during periods of low usage in the surrounding county; then make it available during periods of high demand. The only information we have is the substation load MVA maximum of 5. It is to be located as close as possible to the #280 4.8kV feeder line. Charts show peak load limit of substation as 5 MVA which is also the maximum peak loading with target overloads to be a 6 MVA. I don't know if this is helpful or not but it is all the information we have.The whole installation is an energy storage component of a microgrid. Energy storing units (of which there will be six) are Hitachi CrystEna of lithium-ion batteries. Each unit (1W) is 30 feet long, 10-15 feet wide, and 10 feet high.I don't know if this information I have provided you will help you respond to our original question as follows: What decibel noise level can we expect from the CrystEna storage unit when it is fully operational at 1 Meter, 10 Meters, 100 Meters and 1000 Meters? What does the air conditionings contribute to the noise level?
John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.