Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Infocus SP 8604 projector lamp has just ceased light output;LEDs,

Customer Question

Infocus SP 8604 projector lamp has just ceased light output;LEDs, red and green, blink alternately ten times; although picture quality and brightness has been satisfactory, it is possible that lamp has operated for 2500 to 3000 hours, have not felt the need to check on the menu. In Australia a replacement lamp costs between $450 and $700. New projector costs $2500.00. Which way to go please? Best regards ***** *****
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hello Warwick,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not much more info to offer. I am starting to think it likely that it is only the lamp that is the problem, as most people would have changed their lamp before it failed, so Mr Infocus did not think it necessary to publish in the owners manual the code for a failed lamp, which is why I mentioned the alternating ten flash signal, it's not in the book. No "change lamp" message ever arrived. Clearly I have misunderstood the marketing messages of this site, a question answered every 9 seconds was obviously too good to be true! One question every three days seems ( hopefully!) more like it. Latest price for a genuine lamp here in Oz is $340.00
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Yes, definitely give the replacement lamp a go first - if you don't need it for some reason, you can usually return the lamp again, sometimes for a small restocking fee.Let me know if you need anything else at all...Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time :)Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any insights into the ten alternating led blinks?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
This could indicate that the lamp door is not securely fitted, or a possible problem with the lamp ballast.