Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Water got inside my lcd screen what should I do

Customer Question
water got inside my lcd screen what should I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Was it powered on when this happened? Have you turned it on since?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was off inside my bag, bag fell on a bag of ice coming back from a trip. yes I turn it on.

Okay, turn it off and remove the battery. Put the entire camera in an airtight container with dessicant packets (preferably) or dry uncooked raw white rice, and leave it sealed up for at least 48 hours. Remove, wipe off if needed, connect battery and turn on. If the screen does not function properly, has lines on it, etc, then there is internal damage to the lcd screen, which would need to be replaced (the screen can't be repaired). I can help you find a shop for this, if needed.

Best regards,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Do you need more help with this, Spencer?

Nathan, Engineer