Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

How much will you charge to provide me with a schematic

Customer Question
How much will you charge...
How much will you charge to provide me with a schematic diagram for Hitachi MPF7409L power supply
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/30/2016
Electronics Technician: Joe, Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Joe
Joe, Mechanic

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

What is the model number of the tv itself?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hitachi 42hdt50

Here is a link to download the service manual which contains the info on the pcb: http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/download-42HDT50-HITACHI-p-117407.html

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have this manual and it does not contain the schematic diagram of the power supply MPF7409L

It seems like there are a common failure among these boards, is this the same problem you are experiencing as they make a simplified repair kit for it.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am aware of the "repair kits". Only a schematic diagram to the power supply will suffice .

No problem, I'm going to open this up to other experts.

Thanks,

Joe

Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , i`m Jack and i can help you with this

I have the complete service manual which includes that schematic .

Let me know when you are ready to receive it as i wont leave it long online so i will give it to you once you reply

Never mind that , its another version of power board

I`m opting out as well

This time i do have the schematic for the MPF7409L but i will wait for your reply

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I await you good news!

O.k then give me a few , was expecting you yesterday so i have this stashed away

I`ll start b saying that normally the 42HDT50 model you listed uses the MPF7404L not the MPF7409L , not sure what happened in your case but that is what made it difficult to find and figure.

The MPF7409L is normally used in the models

37PD5000

42HDM70

42HDT51

42HDT51M

42HDX61M

42PD5000

42PMA500

CMP4212E

You can see that at the link here , look at the lower right of the page ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/hitachi-ha01262-power-supply-unit.htm

Now I got the service manual for the models

32PD5000/5100/5200/5300

42PD5000/5100/5200/5300

37PD5200 42PMA500E

55PMA550E

They all use that power board , look on page 59 for a full schematic then near then end of the manual there is plenty of info`s and troubleshooting guide for that board.

click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The manual is behind that and one opened use the DOWNLOAD button on that page to retrieve it to your PC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj7rek1p8b1g95j/hitachi_32pd5000_32pd5100_32pd5200_32pd5300_42pd5000_42pd5100_42pd5200_42pd5300_37pd5200_42pma500e_55pma550e_sm.pdf?dl=0

If that does it for you then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the board before me. The number on the board is MPF7409L... Don't know about why the difference in the mods. Know for certain board came with TV!. Must handle a problem!. will carefully check over info and get back to you in a couple of hours.!

In any case if you have the manual for the hdt50 then you also have the other boards and this one is definitely the 7409

You asked for the manual and i delivered now the meter is in your hands

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Drawing of the Circuit board looks like the board,. the components on the board and drawing seem to be the same...however there are no part values and no reference for nomenclature (hope spelling is correct) number on board parts to actual values or part numbers.

That attachment won`t open and the manual you have is what comes from the company .

If you can figured the voltages by following the voltage s indicated at the connectors in reverse then all the better , i mean this is not a video circuit you`re working on here its plain power switching and regulation .

I`ll take a look for that part list but the schematics won`t change

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks,... without values, as teaching device, it is fine but.for practical purposes it is useless.

That schematic is plenty enough for a tech. to work with , it is easy to figure out what should be at such and such lines if you only look at the output connectors where it is indicates which voltages .

That schematic is a map with part locations number indicated , not sure what more you want but i`m opting out now , spent enough time on this

No parts list either but if i go back to the top of the page you said quote " Only a schematic diagram to the power supply will suffice "

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jack, I concur with you... if... time is not important! The issue however is time,. A tech or engineer should be able to take the board (unless it's burned or charred) : an ohm meter, a pencil and paper at a static free work station and construct a Schematic diagram Identifying and showing most part values. I am confident you could do that... most likely I could also. The fact is i did not want to commit to the time required. That's why I came to this "can't lose" website. Thanks and best wishes. GF
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Upon closer inspection, the Schematic Diagram provided not only does not contain part values and part numbers, is not for MPF7409L but MPF7409. Please see Attached. please advise GF
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician