Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I HAVE A PIONEER GM-D8601 CLASS D MONO 1600W AMP AND IT UP

Customer Question
I HAVE A PIONEER GM-D8601...
I HAVE A PIONEER GM-D8601 CLASS D MONO 1600W AMP AND I AM HOOKING IT UP TO A PAIR OF PIONEER SHALLOW MOUNT TS-SW2502S4 10" SUBWOOFER 300 RMS. WHAT IS THE RIGHT WIRING KIT FOR THIS SET UP IN FORD F250?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/21/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. They don't sell vehicle-specific wiring kits for amplifiers and subwoofers- that is a DIY installation. You simply purchase an amplifier wiring kit that is large enough for the amplifier you're running (In this case 4 gauge wiring is minimum) and run RCA cables from the amplifier to the aftermarket head unit. Or are you asking about replacing the deck as well? There are vehicle-specific wiring harnesses for radio installation. Let me know.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Aric, Technician