Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a kindle fire 6. A milk shake was spilt on it in my

Customer Question
purse where it sat for...
I have a kindle fire 6. A milk shake was spilt on it in my purse where it sat for awhile. I put it in rice and it didn't help. Problem is left side of keyboard won't work. Can't change from letters to numbers. "a" comes out "ss" Drop downs won't drop. I use excel for checkbook, budgets and word for docs. Need to be able to use numbers. Is it possible to put those documents in the cloud so I can get a new Kindle and retrieve them. Also my calendar needs to transfer. Please help. I'm desparate to not lose these important records.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My screen went dark with a reboot message but it wouldn't reboot. Miraculously, my kindle just came on and the numbers and drowns are all working. Yay. Now my only question is...cam my documents be put in the cloud so I'll have a backup.
3/20/2016
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello. My question has changed since I first made my request. I can see a cloudiness through the screen in one area of the of the screen. And a notification message keeps popping up at the top of the screen as obscuring the view. (It looks like a volume adjustment for notifications.) Other than that, my kindle seems to be working now, although a little slower. I can access #'s on the keyboard now and dropdowns seem to be working. I don't know if it will continue to work and I'm looking for a way to save my docs, spreadsheets, and calendar to a cloud site in case the unit stops working again and I can't retrieve my work. Since I first wrote, I've been looking into could sites online. I installed both One Drive and Dropbox based on recommendations. That is where I am in trying to solve my problem.
Those documents and your calendar should already be synchronized to the cloud. If you get a replacement Kindle, as long as you use the same Amazon account when setting it up, it should synchronize automatically with the precious information.
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer