Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Need to acquire 12 pin cord from pre amp to amp

Customer Question

need to acquire 12 pin cord from pre amp to amp
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm not quite sure I know what cord you are asking about.

But tell me what port on the G-22000 it connects to.

As for schematics... there's a free source for a service manual for that model of Sansui, available here with a little patience:

http://elektrotanya.com/sansui_g-22000_g-33000_sm.pdf/download.html

- do not click on anything whatever on this page for about 30 seconds.

Then go to below the preview image, and click only on the link that reads:

Get Manual

It takes a while to appear, and all the other links on the page are ads or the like, useless period.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
concerning cord for g-22000 its the 12 pin connector cord that couples and controls amp start-up when you turn on the pre-amp pwr switch.its the only 12 pin cord for the set and its the cord you insert and then you have a collar that secures the cord to both units by threads on the outside of the connector-after u answered where to obtain cord i DO NOT WANT MONTHLY PACKAGE-I HAVE NO NEED FOR THIS SERVICE!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

This rather less-than-helpful posting:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-g22000-g33000-power-cable-plug.103156/

sums up the situation rather well:

- there are no pinout diagrams

- the 12-pin plug is not sold any more

- the cable itself is so rare that even in the Used market it is not findable.

and that posting was in 2007, 9 years ago. The situation is like that still.

I don't think that cable, or even the plugs at the end, will be ultimately findable on the Used market. But you can post on sites like that one... or post something additional, e.g. asking them to please state what co. made the plugs, as mentioned in the second posting.

And you can post Wanted ads on craigslist.com, and also search the Free or the For Sale sections of your region's craigslist.com, looking for anything related to the G22000 or G-22000, about every week or half-week. If you got lucky, someone might throw out the plug or cable for free, but I personally doubt that this approach will yield anything in less than a year's effort (a search every half week or 3 days or so.)

As for monthly service or subscription plans - as a JustAnswer.com Expert, I have to refer your concern to Customer Support.

For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.