Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Fellowes DM8C jammed and won't start after clearing the…

Customer Question
My Fellowes DM8C jammed and...
My Fellowes DM8C jammed and won't start after clearing the jam. The light comes on that it is still jammed. reverse works, but not forward. Is there a reset?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is likely that the jam-detecting switch is still activated, or is jammed in place instead of releasing, or is broken.

Take the cutting gear out, if you can, and check that switch, to make sure that it is not jammed still and in need of clearing. (If you need instructions in more detail, let me know.)