Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How to teach my harmony one remote to change channel on

Customer Question
camera surveillance DVR...
how to teach my harmony one remote to change channel on camera surveillance DVR
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/10/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Jean,

The DVR will need to be within range of the remote so that the remote can control it. If the DVR is not in the same room as the TV then you will either need to go to wherever it is located to change the channel on it, or use an IR extender, e.g.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-109194-Wireless-Extender-328-Feet/dp/B0087S9CJ2

Pete.

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?

Pete, Electronic Engineer