Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I hav a Sharp XE-A106 cash register an the printer head will…

Customer Question
I hav a Sharp XE-A106...
I hav a Sharp XE-A106 cash register an the printer head will not feed the paper. The feed roller is bad and I would like to know if I can find out where I casn purchase a new Epson M31 printer head.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/8/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.

Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.