Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

S4 does not acquire satellites. Actually that screen has not…

Customer Question
S4 does not acquire satellites...
S4 does not acquire satellites. Actually that screen has not com up for the last five rounds. Only work two out of ten times.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/6/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Gary,

If the device has moved a large distance since the last time it has acquired satellites or has been turned off for longer than a few weeks or months, the device may not be able to acquire the satellites correctly.

Also try clearing any old cached data to see if that helps improve its performance.

Otherwise, the internal GPS antenna may be failing.