Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Samsung HT-H4500 DVD player. Do you know the

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Samsung HT-H4500 DVD player. Do you know the process to make it region free?

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes it is set to USA region and I wish to play other dvds

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/5/2016
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi there,
So first of all this hack will only works for dvds not blurays
- Step 1: open and close the disk tray (with no disk inside)
- Step 2: when No Disc appears press the repeat button (which is the button on the bottom row under the yellow button) then 7 6 8 8 4
- Step 3: when done right your region appears on screen, mine was 4 when it disappears press 9 for region free
Step 4: press power off button

For Other regions, substitute the number in step 2 with the relevant code below.
1 — 2 9 3 3 4
2 — 5 7 5 3 8
3 — 5 6 7 3 2
4 — 7 6 8 8 4
5 — 5 3 8 1 4
6 — 2 4 4 6 2

Good luck :)

You may need to try this a few times for it to take.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician