Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an old Bose system serial number 1 281854 its been…

Customer Question
I have an old Bose...
I have an old Bose system serial number 1 281854 its been stored for the last few years
2 x cube speakers 1 x Base / amp box and 1 x radio / Cd / Video / Tape unit i cannot remember .how the system is wired is a diagram available
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We cannot look up the system based on the serial number. Could you please check the Bose and find me a "Model Number" (for example: Bose 3-2-1 Seris II, or Lifestyle 38, etc.)?

Its A lifestyle Model

There are about a dozen Lifestyle models. Any idea which one please? Check for a sticker either on the Bose subwoofer or on the main unit.

The base unit states accuostimas model

Okay, on the Lifestyle systems that use an Acoustimas "Powered" bass module (meaning the subwoofer also plugs into the wall), there is an umbilical cable with round ends, and multiple small pins on each end- which connects the subwoofer to the main unit.

Then the small satellite speakers connect to the Bose subwoofer.

If you need assistance beyond that, I will need either the full model number off of the Main Unit (not the subwoofer), OR photographs of the back of the subwoofer, as well as the back of the main unit and I can help further.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

The umbilical cable would look similar (if not identical) to the one at the link below and will have matching ends:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-pin-Male-Male-Cord-Cable-25-ft-Black-Color-for-Bose-Lifestyle-System-/371565502615?hash=item568307a097:g:SqAAAMXQb2JSDutA

From the sub woofer the connection is multi pin so thats easy done the other end has 3 x coloured single pins 1 x Black which may go to system control socket but which one as there are 2 one above the other with nubers 1 and 2 the other 2 cables are Red x1 White x 1 but multiple sockets on the player unit for them to plug into

Given that, I will NEED more specifics on the system- since I don't know which Lifestyle you have? Either a photograph posted here- of the backs of ALL of the equipment, or a sticker on the MAIN UNIT with a MODEL NUMBER please.

Below are ALL of the Lifestyle model manuals. You would need to visually identify which one you have by clicking the individual links and comparing to what your system looks like:

http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/music_system_manuals/page.html

Apart from a serial number the sticker only identifies it as Acoustimas 5 series 111

There you go- that's the model number.

The black end of the cable goes to "System Control" and the Red and White's go to "Speaker System A".

That's outlined on page 9 of the manual I posted the link to.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Do you need further assistance with this?