Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I get ASK help on a dji drone

Customer Question
How do I get ASK help on a dji drone
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/4/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

If the motors will not start then the battery may be defective.

If the drone is still under warranty it will cover a faulty battery.

Battery is fine. Ihave 3 three batteries.

Can you test what voltage is getting to the motors?

Or tests the motors using a direct voltage source - if they still won't start then the motors are defective.

Can the Gps effect the motors not starting. I am inside my shop.

No, the motors should still run without GPS.

How do I know if the Transmitter is linked to the drone?

Hi, you will know if the drone responds to the transmitter's commands.

If the motors don't start it could be the motors are bad or there is no link between transmitter and drone (motors). I changed the main circuit board but not the receiver.

You can test the motors with an independent power source to check if they are working.

There is a Black Line and a Red line on the ESC coming from the main circuit board, and a Yellow, and a Red and a Black going from the esc to the motor. Where do I connect the power source? How many volts?

You can test the motor using a cordless drill battery or similar battery.

See this useful guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1We0TLCbE

I don't want to damage the motors or the esc if I connect the battery incorrectly. So where do I conncct the battery, either to where the ESC is connected to the circuit board where the ESC connections are located, or to the motor leads from the motor to the ESC. I have quite a bit of experience with electric powered airplanes-

If the polarity is not marked on the motor, you can use a voltmeter to find the positive and negative connections.