Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I am considering buying a used Akai cassette deck model

Customer Question
GX-75. It is from...
I am considering buying a used Akai cassette deck model GX-75. It is from Europe and is designed for 220 Volts and 50Hz.
the seller maintains that a simple convertor from 120 to 240 volts will allow it to run properly.
Says, phase difference is not a problem. Please Advise
Richard A. Prorock - Orlando, Florida
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/4/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

This is correct, any device can be converted with an adapter, its why they created the adapters so that electronic units can be used from other regions.

This is a step down adapter that you can use

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B012ERZ7B8?psc=1

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service