Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Bought a Storesafe pro II on ebay; turned on; started up;

Customer Question
tried to get into menu...
Bought a Storesafe pro II on ebay; turned on; started up; tried to get into menu; asked for pasword; put in installer password *****; would not accept; put in the reset to default password ***** would not accept. need help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/3/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Kevin,

do you have an answer to my problem?

If the default password ***** been changed then you will need to reset it by removing the CMOS battery for 24 hours.

Removing the battery for 24 hrs did not work.

I assume you have the system disconnected from the power supply?

If removing the battery does not work then there must be some residual power still stored inside it - you can try leaving it for longer, or contact Interlogix directly for the master reset code for your particular unit:

http://www.interlogix.com/support

Pete; I did all that; got the manuals; entered the default reset code. Went on internet forums to try to get an answer; Storesafe is a brand that is not sold anymore. You were my last resort. Not happy here

The brand is now owned by Interlogix - did you try them?

i did

And they are unable to reset it for you?