Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How to wire an Yaesu FTDX1200 transceiver to an ameritron AL…

Customer Question
How to wire an Yaesu...
How to wire an Yaesu FTDX1200 transceiver to an ameritron AL 800 amp with an SWR and 1500 Watt meter by Daiwa?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary connection (if have not been done) would be:

• • Yaesu FTDX1200's ANT 1 or 2 to Ameritron AL-800's RF IN;
  • • Ameritron AL-800's RF OUT to Daiwa SWR's TR connector;
  • • Daiwa SWR's ANT connector to Delta's COM connector;
  • • Yaesu FTDX1200, Ameritron AL-800, Daiwa SWR and Delta switch to a common ground.

An Ameritron ARB-704 relay buffer is also needed to serve as amplifier-transceiver keying interface. Please click HERE.