Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Sony VCR and VHS recording. Yesterday I switched…

Customer Question
I have a Sony VCR...
I have a Sony VCR for DVD and VHS recording. Yesterday I switched form Verizon to Time Warner. In speaking with a representative from Time Warner about why my software wasn't working, i.e., the command signal or the system preferences button. She suggested that I check to see whether the installation person had connected the plugs to the VCR. He hadn't. She suggested at the same time that I move from DVD 1 or 3 input to DVD 3. Everything froze. Rather than having any window coming up where I can pre-record or change the settings, all I get is a signal saying DVD 2 on the VCR. I've tried turning the machine on and off many times. Is there some button somewhere where I can reset the whole thing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
3/1/2016
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is Rusty. It sounds like you have an AV receiver in the system. What is the model number of that receiver?

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.