Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a NEC HDTV NLT - 40HDEM2 They power light is on only…

Customer Question
I have a NEC HDTV NLT...
I have a NEC HDTV
NLT - 40HDEM2
They green power light is on only I cannot seem to turn it off via the remote or the on / off switch. cannot access any functions on the TV and it only has a black screen Rang Nec and they don't make TV's anymore apparently so were unable to help me. Do you have any suggests is it possible to reset the TV back to factory
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/29/2016
Electronics Technician: Anthony, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello

Welcome

So the light is green as though in the ON mode but no pic or sound screen black.

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

No nothing comes up at all no functions at all are workingReilene

OK get a flashlight hold it at 45 degree angle to the screen with the set in the ON mode (green light)press the menu button of the sets own remote control can you see the menu where the light strikes the screen?

Anthony

I will check that in the next day or two as the TV is at my other property, which I will not be going to for a few days. I will notify you once I have done as you suggested.Thank you for your time and patienceReilene

OK and thank you for the same, these things can take some figuring out

Anthony

I will be at my property over the weekend and will then be able to check the TV I will get back to you ASAPReilene

OK