Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My safe opened yesterday,but it will not open today

Customer Question
my safe opened yesterday,but it will not open today
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/29/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that is a biometric kind that registers a fingerprint. Did you try your fingerprint on it?

If the batteries give out, the fingerprint setting may be randomized and/or wrong and/or irrelevant to getting it open.

(Feel welcome to tell me how you tried to open it, though... and if it has an emergency key, I would recommend trying it.)

(Also: did it make the right beep and/or LED light reaction, when you entered the code, but then not open? it might be the lock mechanism is jammed, if it does react right but doesn't open.)