Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am using a Verizon remote and it take several attempts…

Customer Question
I am using a Verizon...
I am using a Verizon remote and it take several attempts before my tv turns on. I already have a brand new Verizon remote and set top box so I am thinking the problem is with my TV
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/27/2016
Electronics Technician: Anthony, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Is the power light lit when you are trying to get the set to come on please?

Anthony

the red light ( off) light is on but the green light ( indicating tv is on) is what takes forever.

OK thanks

There is a procedure to follow (the set does have an internal issue)other than rebooting the set which I guess you have tried (unplugging replugging back into wallpower) then the first check is a visual one on the power-board modern TVs can suffer from bad capacitors on the power-board so the result of this first check will govern the next do you think you can do this work yourself?I will be happy to provide all the necessary info you need in a simplistic way I can so you can fix this yourself, it may however men replacement of a board

Let me know please

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

No thank you.

I am sorry this is something you are not comfortable with in that case you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony