Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

What would cause a Bang & Olufsen IcePower 200ASC 200W Power

Customer Question
amplifier module to burn up...
what would cause a Bang & Olufsen IcePower 200ASC 200W Power amplifier module to burn up and not work -- should i just replace it -- its in a b&w asw610 subwoofer - i first noticed that it was not functioning and four the 4 amp fuse blown when i replaced it i saw a flash and smelt electrical fire --i then removed the module and found it to have a burnt spot on the board
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack

Unfortunately i have seen the problem you have now quite a few times and yes the amplifier section of that sub is officially now" fried " for lack of a better word

Have you had a chance of measuring the driver ?

Anything below 2 ohms will cause havoc with your amp

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.