Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Garmin Nuvi 255W. The garmin works fine but the…

Customer Question
I have a Garmin Nuvi...
I have a Garmin Nuvi 255W. The garmin works fine but the clip that clips to the device has broken. The thin metal "O" ring that is supposed to be in the back of the clip that snaps onto the ball of the goose neck somehow came out and now the clip is loose and sometimes the Garmin falls off the ball/gooseneck because it's loose. The garmin works great but I need a new clip. Can you tell me where I can buy a new clip? My email address is **** and my cell # ***** ****. Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/20/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your device or clip for the device.

May I ask if you can look at the attached diagram and tell me what part you are looking to get replaced?

NOTE: You may have to click the file name to see the attached image.

Thanks

Hi again Dennis,

I didn't see a response back from my original question(s), but I believe you are looking for the "cradle" shown in the attached image.

You CAN find and order these directly from the Garmin website if you like, and I have a link to the exact page you need to visit to do that below.

BUT, you MAY want to order the entire "suction cup mount" from a different source (online), and be able to save a little money. I also have a link or two to Amazon, where you can get that suction cup mount - for about half of what the Garmin site quotes.

Nuvi 200 series suction cup mount (includes cradle).
http://amzn.to/1Wz5YmN

Link to same item on Garmin site (~ twice the price)
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/mounts/suction-cup-mount/prod69364_010-10936-03.html

Nuvi 255w Cradle (only)
http://amzn.to/1QrYuUg

Link to item on Garmin site (Called Bracket Mount ~$11 + shipping)
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/mounts/bracket-mount-nuvi-/prod10368_010-10973-20.html

I hope this helps locate the part you need/want.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more details or questions for me.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-