Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Sharp wizard 256KB won't turn on- all new batteries -

Customer Question
Martin,sharp wizard 256KB won't turn...
Martin,sharp wizard 256KB won't turn on- all new batteries - switches in correct position -
and ON & Set button completed Still Won't turn "ON"..
Ed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/20/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try removing the batteries, and leaving the device on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the device again.

Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the device On again.

Let me know how it goes. I may have more advice to offer, depending on results etc.