Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a KX-TGF352 CM os Shaw digital service. when set to…

Customer Question
I have a KX-TGF352 CM...
I have a KX-TGF352 CM os Shaw digital service. when set to answer and record calls on the base unit , set for 4 rings there are times when the call is interupted and taken by shaw with no message from me taken.
What is my best way to just have one serviceanswer always what do you recommend ?
Frank Nelles
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/19/2016
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello Frank and Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phone or answering systems.

To help you with this, let me ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM that you have BOTH the "voicemail system" (from your service provider) AND the built-in "Answering system" ACTIVE - at the same time?

2) That the issue is "sometimes" your answering system takes calls you don't answer and sometimes the voicemail system takes the calls?

If so, do you KNOW the number of rings that the voicemail system is set to?

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I only ask because I did not see a response from my last note, but wanted to mention that IF you do have TWO answering systems active, it is usually BEST to have the "ring count" of each system set with a DIFFERENCE of AT LEAST TWO - with the system that you want to have the first chance to pick up the call being the LOWER of the two systems.

Example: System 1 set to FOUR & system 2 set to SIX.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)