Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

PANASONIC iRON ni w750ts NOT HEATING AND RED LIGHT DOESNT…

Customer Question
pANASONIC iRON ni w750ts NOT...
pANASONIC iRON ni w750ts NOT HEATING AND RED LIGHT DOESNT COME ON
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/19/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check several things.

- the outlet it is plugged into, first. It might have overloaded and the circuit breaker (or, the local ground-interrupt-protect pushbutton) might have tripped and need resetting.

- the cord. Is it frayed, severely bent, etc.?

- the power switch? does it act funny, as if it might be broken? does it make the right 'click' when used?

How old is your iron? Has it seen much use? And has it ever been dropped, or submersed in any liquid for that matter?