Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My sentry xxl safe will not lock I can open it without using…

Customer Question
My sentry xxl safe will...
My sentry xxl safe will not lock I can open it without using the code idk what's wrong
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2016
Electronics Technician: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 2 years ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs

Hi Josh and welcome!

What is the model number of your safe?

If you can open it without using the code, are you using a key? If not, how are you getting it open without the combination?

Is it an electronic safe or does it have a dial?

Does it also have a key to open, along with the combination?

Are the steel bolts extended out from the door and won't go back in for you to close the door?

Thanks for all your additional information and after your reply, please allow me some time to compose and send your detailed answer.

Best regards,

Cher

The model number is ***** has a key pad when I close you don't need to put in the combo it just opens freely without putting it in

Hi again, Josh and thanks for your very helpful reply.

I think I misunderstood your original question; it sounded from your description, like your safe was 'locked' in the open position and you couldn't close the door. Now, from your reply, it seems that the problem is your door isn't locking and that's why you can open the safe without the combination.

How old is your safe and is this a recent event or has the safe always acted this way?

Hi again, Josh.

It certainly sounds like your safe is defective, and for this reason, I would contact Sentry Customer Service and request a replacement safe at no cost. Here is their contact info: Customer Care: ***-***-**** Hours are 8AM-6PM Mon. - Fri. Eastern time.

I wish you much good luck with your safe!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest regards,
Cher