Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I own a Dmc-TZ40 Lumix camera. I find it quite tricky to…

Customer Question
Hi, I own a Dmc-TZ40...
Hi, I own a Dmc-TZ40 Lumix camera. I find it quite tricky to download my photos on to my PC and cannot seem to get the wifi doing the right thing. I would much prefer to have a cable link and be done with it. Can you suggest why when I nominate a destination on my PC it is not found by the camera WiFi?
With thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/16/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Do you want me to help you setup the Cable link or the wireless? And if wireless, did you set the permissions of the shared folder to everyone?

Please let me know.

Hi Richard. I actually did respond to your email, saying that the set up of the shared folder may well be the problem because when called upon to name the folder I think I have done that , yet it obviously has not been correct.
If you were able to show me how to do this I would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

Right click on the Folder please you want to send to, on the computer, and click properties.

Then click on Security and there provide full control (so tick it) for the group everyone (you can type in everyone and click check name and it will underline it)

Richard, When I follow your instructions and hit "security" it goes through *select user/group *" Enter object name to select" but whatever I put in there the dialogue box will not close until I cancel that nominated name. e.g "Vikky" or "Lumix group" or "gdsfrsale" What am I suupposed to put in this box?Vicky

everyone Vicky, you type in the work everyone for this please. You may have missed that in my last instructions?

"(you can type in everyone and click check name and it will underline it)"

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.