Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

One of the stereo amps on my panasonic sc pd39d stopped

Customer Question
working. Can it be...
One of the stereo amps on my panasonic sc pd39d stopped working. Can it be replaced?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/14/2016
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please give me the model number of the unit in question ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sc pm39d

O.k and that I can see now and at first I thought you mean a multi component system but this is all in one piece beside the speakers and remote .

Are you talking about an internal STK output circuit ??

Or do you mean the speakers and one of them is gone ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Speaker output cable on one speaker was shorted when changjng speakers.

I`m listening

You have a channel blown now ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That speaker no longer works. I assume the final power amp was blown out.

There is a very good chance of that yes but have you tried that speaker in the one output that works to test it ?

you want to repair this yourself ??

I`m sorry but something came up and i will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If it's possb!e. If not I'd like to find a tecb in NY who could do it.
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different expert here. Unfortunately parts and schematics for this unit are not readily available- and there are no modular boards for purchase that can be replaced in this system either. So, to repair this would require PCB level repairs and a service manual for further diagnosis. If you'd like to locate a repair center to repair this issue, then one can be found at the link below:

http://www.stereorepair.com

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.