Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Sterling 950 quit 4 days after replacing batteries
,

Customer Question
Sterling 950 quit 4...

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Quit working replaced batteries and it has quit again

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It may be - depending upon what kind (or, 'technology') of batteries you put in the Sterling stairlift - that the batteries really have failed, or it may be that the charging of them is inadequate or faulty.

Batteries of kinds other than lead-acid, might fail because of over-quick charging and overheating.

If you have the ability to measure the charging voltage on your batteries' charger, you can test for excessive, or insufficient, voltage, which if you can do it would be a good idea.