Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a VOXSON VLCD32CTX and suddenly the remote won't

Customer Question
work. I have changed the...
I have a VOXSON VLCD32CTX and suddenly the remote won't work. I have changed the batteries and made sure they are in properly. is this problem as simple as buying a new remote? Cheers John
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi John and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, there is a partial test to confirm if the remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.

On the other hand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself .

Please post back results of camera test.

Hi Louie, Many thanks for your help. It appears to be working. I initially thought the original batteries had failed. I inserted new batteries and it still didn't work. This morning I re inserted the old batteries and surprise it is working. Now this is a one off for me and obviously don't mind the one off payment but I don't want the free trial resulting in monthly payments.
Is there something I have to do further. I haven't asked for the free trial!

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

Based on the above results and observations, a possible issue with the remote's battery terminals. Consider/try cleaning the battery terminals with the use of a foam swab lightly dipped in household alcohol or better yet, in plastic safe / non-staining CRC 2-26, DeoxIT DN5 or LPS 03116 Contact Cleaner or equivalent.

Glad that the above information may have served your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).

And as my participation is strictly limited to technical issues, please contact Customer Support for any billings & payment concerns including "...free trial resulting in monthly payments..."