Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am back. The Samsung Electronic Cash Register ER 4915 that…

Customer Question
I am back. The...
I am back. The Samsung Electronic Cash Register ER 4915 that says closed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I need help right now. I cannot get the register to work. It only says Closed and none of the keys respond
how long will it be
2/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your case is very difficult. This is often a consequence of previous mistaken operations, or of having the register thrown in the trash or otherwise abandoned. I don't know what the situation is.

You theoretically have to sign in a clear ID, using the A, B, D, E keys at the top of the keyboard. Try pressing one of them. See if it ceases to say 'CLOSED' or is responsive at all some other way.

Or try a reset of it, to clear all codes from it... would that be appropriate? it would clear all codes from it.

You really have not helped at all. I already tried all of these before I received your response. I trust that I will not be charged for this service.

I am sorry to hear that, but glad that my advice agreed with your common sense approach.

I have Opted Out, having nothing further to offer, which opens the case to other Experts in this category.