Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need to know how to transfer data from 1 Sharp Wizard

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to transfer data from 1 Sharp Wizard oz-730 to another.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I have an old oz-730 and have just purchased a new one. I want to transfer phone numbers and addresses from one oz-730 to another.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Technician should know?

I don't think so but maybe the Technician would have questions for me

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/13/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You can transfer data or whole files from one Organizer to another of the same model, either from one device to the other over a 4-pin cable... or you can connect the Organizer to a computer, sync its data to the computer, then disconnect the first Organizer and connect the second one, then do the transfer in the other direction... using various software.

This is one type of Sharp Organizer transfer software:

http://www.imslsoft.com/xlinkwin.htm

note that it is so old that it may not work on your computer.

Russell H., Service Tech