Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Minolta Sound Projector 6000. I replaced it with a…

Customer Question
Hi ***** *****, I...

Hi ***** *****, I have a Minolta Sound Projector 6000. I replaced it with a new lamp bulb which is not turning on. The projector works sound and all but still no light? Can you help me! Angelo----

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I used a multitester to check most of all the electrical lines everything checks okay. Light switch works projector but no lamp on.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/12/2016
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Projector?

Also do you check the lamp door switch or was that what you were talking about lol;-)

If so, then you likely need a new ballast board. When the lamps go out or get old even the ballasts can sometimes also fail, that part is the board that creates the high voltage and runs or powers the lamp.

Once you replace that board you shoudl be ok lights camera Projection!

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael

Thank you

Tech Michael